Apache mod_rewrite

In an attempt to try and sort the urls out on the websites on the new server I decided it was time to take a crack at mod_rewrite for Apache. I made a couple of mistakes, but once I got it right it was very simple.

Adding: –enable-rewrite=shared to the configure statement enabled the module. Then after a quick rebuild and install I just need to add the following line to my httpd.conf:

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

Reload the apache conf file and enable the clean urls in Drupal!!!

Easy

On another note, it appears that my Filter Input Content Module isn’t doing the business with sorting out blogging from scribeFire so will have to look at that.