So I needed to get some PHP work done on the newly installed Windows 7 laptop. Netbeans was already installed, just needed a server and Xdebug setup for everything to be hunky dorey.
Firstly I tried Wamp, which is easy to install and easy to create Aliases, but no matter which version of Xdebug I tried and what options I put in php.ini I could not get it to load, so the next step was to try XAMPP.
So much easier, installed the package, checked out the php.ini file and just uncommented the lines to enable the Xdebug extension and then uncommented and edited the settings:
Restarted Apache and then checked phpinfo() to find:
Success, job done!
However, unlike Wamp, getting Aliases to work is a complete and utter pain in the backside, I have spent about 90mins now struggling with a 403 Access Forbidden problem, when the exact same alias worked without issue in Wamp. Seems I can’t win at the moment.